We now have a world-class Emergency and Specialist Veterinary Hospital near you on the Central Coast. Our purpose built, two-level 1000sqm hospital is located in the commercial park in Tuggerah which is the same, if not closer, distance than Newcastle. Maitland to Tuggerah is actually less than 1 hour if travelling out of hours.
We are now servicing the following areas.
- Hunter Valley
- Central Coast, and everything in between.
We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. So, if your pet needs emergency care, but your usual veterinarian is closed, you can always call. We have a dedicated emergency team ready to help in what can be very stressful times.
SASH Central Coast is accepting referrals for specialist services including:
Our hospital is fully equipped with state-of-the-art facilities that include:
- Feline Friendly designed hospital including separate waiting area and consultation room for cats.
- Two surgical theatres, dedicated medicine procedure room and separate ER
- Full IDEXX in-house laboratory suite
- Rigid and flexible endoscopy for surgical and medical procedures
- State of the art 64 slice Philips Brilliance CT Scanner
- Dura 4 DR Radiology suite
- Phillips Affiniti 70 Ultrasound Machine that offers advanced internal medical and cardiac capabilities
If your pet needs an MRI examination, we can transport your cat or dog to our Sydney hospital and back to Tuggerah after the examination. We have on-site radiology support provided by Dr Katharina Flatz. The remaining days are supported off-site by the Sydney Radiology team via teleradiology.
We can also assist with patient transport for radioactive iodine treatment and radiation therapy.
EMERGENCY SERVICE OPERATES 24/7. OUR EMERGENCY CONSULT FEE IS $249.00
Our Emergency Service does offer consultations which can be followed by vet assessments, pain relief, hospital stay, intravenous fluids and continuous overnight monitoring, if required, from our amazing team of Vets and Nurses.
We are also able to arrange for your pet to be transported back to their local veterinarian if further treatment is required. Please speak to our friendly Emergency Team if you require this service and we will be more than happy to arrange this for your beloved pet!
Please check out the IN EMERGENCY section of our website to find out what to do if your beloved pet is in an emergency situation and you require our assistance.