Just as humans seek out reproductive specialists, our companion animals can also require specialised care for issues that can arise during breeding, pregnancy and delivery, as well as abnormalities directly associated with the reproductive system.
At SASH we are pleased to provide a referral theriogenology (animal reproduction) consultation service with the only board-certified reproduction specialist in Sydney.
Common referral services include:
- Infertility and subfertility management
- Breeding timing services for breeding/artificial insemination
- Pregnancy management including diagnosis, abortion and mismating
- Parturition (delivery) management including correct timing determination, dystocia treatment and caesarean section advice
- Breed specific ethical breeding advice including recommended DNA testing
- Diseases of the reproductive system including but not limited to; Pyometra (medical management) and other uterine disorders; Ovarian disorders including ovarian remnant syndrome and ovarian cysts; Penile disorders and diseases of the accessory sex glands and testicles; congenital disease and disorders of sexual development.
Consultations are initially available remotely via telephone or video conference call. Should an in-person, non-urgent consultation be required this can be arranged at either of our hospitals.
Consultation services are provided by Veterinary Reproduction Consultancy Pty Ltd. It is preferable that animal owners undergo an initial consultation with your regular veterinarian prior to them contacting VRC. This will allow complete assessment by a veterinary professional and to ensure we are both able to provide the best advice possible through professional veterinary communication. For more information and to fill out the required referral form, please visit www.vetrepro.com.au.
Consultations on canine breeding timing and infertility are available without the requirement of a prior veterinary consultation at www.vetrepro.com/for-owners-1. SASH and VRC are committed to the ethical breeding of all species and breeding advice will be reserved for those clients following recommended breed testing protocols.
For reproduction emergencies, please contact SASH directly on (02) 9889 0289 to notify of referral form submission at www.vetrepro.com/for-veterinarians.