Dogs, cats and exotic pets will sometimes need to be referred to our specialist 5-day dermatology service for consultations on skin diseases or illness. We attempt to perform necessary diagnostics on the same day as the initial consultation, including intradermal allergen testing and skin biopsies. Our dermatology services cover a range of issues, including:
- Otitis (external and/or middle ear infections)
- Infections (bacterial, fungal, parasitic, viral)
- Immune-mediated diseases (e.g. pemphigus, lupus, vasculitis)
- Hairloss disorders (hormonal diseases, cosmetic follicular diseases)
- Nail and footpad diseases
- Acute or chronic, mild or extensive, and unusual or “non-specific” skin problems
Dr Vogelnest has worked in dermatology referral practice in Sydney for over 10 years and consults at SASH on Wednesdays and Fridays. She is also available for facilitating the allergy vaccine service, histopathology, and case discussion on Tuesdays.
Dr Ravens has a Masters degree in Small Animal Medicine, Membership by examination in canine and feline medicine and Fellowship by examination in veterinary dermatology with the Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists and is a registered specialist in Veterinary Dermatology. Dr Ravens is available for consults at both our Sydney and Central Coast hospitals.
Vets, please complete the Dermatology Histopathology PDF form.