A more fulfilling vet nurse career
SASH is looking for qualified vet nurses experienced in one or more of the following specialist fields:
- Internal medicine
Experience in these fields are highly regarded. However SASH is also committed to investing in upskilling nurses with strong GP vet backgrounds, through our bespoke, industry leading training program.
Take your nursing career to new heights
SASH nurses are trained to be experts in their selected field. With over a dozen different types of nursing roles, the opportunity for upskilling and reskilling are endless.
View the different services available at SASH to see if there is a place in SASH you would like to call home.
Recognising, developing, and retaining talented team members is a top priority for SASH. This is why there are multiple career development opportunities for nurses within the SASH family.
SASH has an extensive team of nurses and ex-nurses in positions such as management and training. We believe those that are best able to lead nurses are those that have lived and breathed those roles.
Alternate career development paths also exist outside of nursing including roles in operations.
Interested? Complete this form and we will be in touch
Alternatively, email Jess and Cynthia directly at:
The true excitement of nursing
At SASH, nurses are empowered with taking responsibility and ownership for a number of advanced and unique procedures. This is why we are looking for passionate and intelligent nurses that love to learn.
Due to SASH’s continued commitment to investing in its people and innovation, it is home to a number of unique and rare treatment options and specialist services, all of which can be areas of training and up-skilling for new nurses. These include:
- Support from a team of 18 Specialists that perform advanced surgeries in orthopaedics, soft tissue, ophthalmology, and neurology
- Working together with the only fellowship trained Surgical Oncologist in NSW
- Assist with anaesthesia with support from a team of 4 in-house Specialist Anaesthetists
- Perform radiographs with support from a team of 3 in-house Diagnostic Imaging Specialists
- Collaborating with the in-house Sports Medicine & Rehab department to improve patient recovery
- Helping to run a Dialysis unit overseen by Australia’s only Nephrology Fellow
- Assisting the treatment of pets in Australia’s first dedicated stereotactic linear accelerator for animals
- A brand new Emergency and Critical Care units comparable to a human hospital
With over 25,000 cases a year, there is no such thing as a boring day. If you enjoy the excitement of nursing, and being part of a 200 strong community of like-minded nurses, SASH is the place for you.
SASH is vet led
SASH is a vet led organisation, operated by all of its founding veterinarian partners. Each of SASH’s founding partners are practicing veterinarians, and are respected members of the veterinary community.
With the owners of the hospitals walking the corridors in scrubs, each and everyday, they have a deep and thorough understanding of what makes a good hospital, how to provide gold standard patient care, and how pet owners feel. These unique insights help to guide decisions are that in the best interest of their patients and their team.
Having been veterinarians for decades, SASH management understands and appreciate the importance of nurses. This is why the nurses at SASH are well supported, have a voice, and will always be heard by those that can make changes.
What's in it for you?
Just a few of the perks included in this opportunity are:
- Competitive Salary packaging
- Opportunities for career growth for the right person
- Excellent work life balance
- Inclusive team where equality is not negotiable
- SASH paid parental leave for all new parents
- Supportive team of SASH specialists, residents, nursing and service support teams
- Team member discounts and events