The Small Animal Specialist Hospital (SASH) is located in North Ryde, Sydney. We are one of the largest Specialist Veterinary hospitals in Australia, providing a complete range of clinical services to clients and patients. SASH has an excellent reputation for providing the highest level of quality health care service to veterinary patients.
SASH sees a broad range of orthopaedic, soft tissue and neurosurgical cases. The surgery department is well resourced with fluoroscopy, arthroscopy and laparoscopy to allow minimally invasive image-guided orthopaedic and soft tissue procedures. We are also equipped with, 3 different locking plate systems (for fracture repairs, cruciate and pelvic osteotomies), interlocking nails and linear and circular external fixation kits. SASH has a busy hip replacement program using Biomedtrix Universal, Micro and Nano Total Hip Replacement instrumentation and is also equipped to perform Arthrex CUE and Synacart procedures. Imaging is of the highest standard with digital radiography, multi-slice CT scanners, and a high field (1.5T) MRI operated by a full-time radiographer. SASH also has an onsite linear accelerator operated by a full-time radiation therapist and radiation oncologist. Two specialist anaesthetists lead our highly trained anaesthesia team.
The successful applicant will be working with a team of specialists in various departments across the hospital including Internal Medicine, Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Dermatology, Cardiology, Ophthalmology, Avian and Exotics, Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation, Critical Care as well as a team of dedicated emergency clinicians and friendly supportive staff. The applicant must be comfortable in an environment where all are encouraged to collaborate on patient care, and where referring veterinarians and pet owners receive personal and attentive service.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree in Veterinary Science registrable in NSW
- A commitment to ongoing professional development
- Exceptional communication skills
- A commitment to providing the highest level of patient care
- The ability to work as part of a team and maintain a positive attitude
- The ability to multi-task and manage a case load
- A strong work ethic and commitment to the culture and values of SASH
To be successful in this position you will be:
- A Fellow of the ANZCVS or a Diplomate of the ACVS or ECVS
Candidates who have completed approved training programs but are yet to finalise exams are also strongly encouraged to apply!
What we can offer you:
- Annual continuing education allowance
- Competitive salary
- Free onsite parking and proximity to public transport
- Supportive team of SASH specialists, nurses and support staff
- Complete cover of the cost of sponsorship if required
- A great learning environment in a team that loves to share knowledge and experience.
If you would like to know more please contact our HR department on 02 9889 0289 with any questions!
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please forward your resume with a cover
letter addressing the essential criteria quoting Reference No: SXSPNR/201905 Attention Lauren Cook, to email: email@example.com.