The purpose of this position is to provide rehabilitation therapy services to SASH patients under supervision of attending veterinarian.
- Inpatient rehabilitation therapy for SASH patients, under direction and supervision of attending veterinarian.
- Inpatient and outpatient consultations, under supervision of the consulting SASH veterinarian, for patients of SASH requiring rehabilitation therapy following illness, trauma or surgery.
- Client communication and guidance, both oral and written, for SASH patients, regarding rehabilitation therapy, at initial consultation, whilst hospitalised and following hospital discharge.
- SASH Nurse training for inpatients requiring rehabilitation therapy.
- Accurate and timely data entry into the practice management software for patients receiving therapy.
- Appropriate charging/billing of clients for rehabilitation services.
- Provision of written information for clients and colleagues regarding patient rehabilitation therapy.
- General inpatient care, including general nursing care as required for patients undergoing rehabilitation therapy.
- Reporting to supervising veterinarian regarding patient progress, complications or discussion of relevant rehabilitation therapies.
- Where appropriate, and under guidance or supervision of consulting SASH veterinarian, updating or discussing with referring veterinarian a patient’s rehabilitation treatment or recommendations.
- To ensure all information regarding patients care are conveyed and understood
- Answering client enquiries about service being provided and the patients progress
- To provide and source the best treatment options which will give the best possible outcome for all patients
- Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing
- 3-5 years experience in animal rehabilitation
- 2+ years experience in vet nursing
- A good foundation in Maths and English
- Able to work as a part of a team or autonomously
- Ability to following directions precisely
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent observational skills
- Good communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Confidence in animal handling
- Diploma in Animal Physiotherapy
The next step is to forward your resume with a covering letter: Attention Human Resources Department to email: firstname.lastname@example.org.