We have an exciting new role for a Small Animal Internal Medicine Internship. The successful applicant will be required to assist the internal medicine specialists to ensure that patients and clients get the best veterinary care possible. This is a structured learning opportunity and will allow access to a varied case load with the support of highly qualified professionals.
This 12 month, full-time position will involve being mentored by our highly regarded internal medicine specialists. You will contribute to publications of the service and conduct a break clinical research project for publication.
Key skills for this role include:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to liaise with different levels within a practice
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Have a flexible approach to issues
- Self-motivated and committed to ongoing professional development
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Strong work ethic and commitment to the culture and values of SASH
- Eagerness to have primary involvement in cases and look forward to tackling a high and interesting case load
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Have completed a rotating internship
- Have a veterinary degree entitling you to register as a veterinarian in NSW
- Be enrolled or have passed in MANZCVS (or equivalent) in internal medicine
What we can offer you:
- Many recent graduates of the program have gone onto residencies and specialty internships in their chosen field, both domestically and internationally
- Regular intern group tutorials, talks and rounds sessions to further case understanding
- A supportive team of SASH specialists, residents, nurses and a human resources team
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing education allowance
- Staff discounts and social events
- Study group and support for MANZCVSC examinations
- Onsite parking and close to public transport
- Salary of 57,000 per annum
Here at SASH we guarantee that you will be joining a team of clinical staff who are committed to providing the highest level of quality care to our patients and to help shape the veterinary industry within Australia.
If you are interested in working with the team at SASH and would like to know more then please contact our HR team on 02 9002 7279.
To apply now please send your application along with any questions, quoting Reference No: CCMEDINT/W2018, to Lauren Cook, firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!