An exciting opportunity in our Medicine department has become available for a passionate Medicine Specialist.
Here at SASH, our team prides itself on providing the highest level of quality health care and service to our patients and their owners. Offering a wide range of clinical services, we can provide extensive care and treatment making us the leading service provider in the country. The hospital is well equipped with state-of-the-art facilities, allowing our specialists to conduct thorough and conclusive examinations for our clients and their pets. Our services are fully staffed with highly skilled and supportive Nurses to assist with ensuring our teams are running as efficiently as possible. With the team at SASH growing rapidly over the past 18 months, we are on the lookout for an engaging Medicine Specialist to join our team.
Over the past 11 years, SASH has grown our Internal Medicine department from a small department with a broad reach, to a department of more than 8 specialists. Being such a large team, there is a huge amount of support provided to each of our specialists from both the immediate team as well as our nursing and support staff. We are also able to accommodate those specialists who a keen to develop a particular interest within the Medicine department. This team also works closely with all our other departments to ensure our Specialists can provide the most thorough and appropriate treatment.
As a Medicine Specialist, you will be working collaboratively with specialists in Oncology, Dermatology, Surgery, Ophthalmology and Rehabilitation as well as a team of dedicated emergency clinicians and friendly support staff. You will have the opportunity to teach and mentor and contribute considerably to furthering the education of various team members across the hospital.
- A Degree in Veterinary Science registrable in NSW
- Self motivated with a commitment to ongoing professional development
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- A commitment to providing the highest level of patient care
- The ability to work as part of a team and maintain a positive attitude
- The ability to multi-task and manage a high case load.
- Good work ethic and commitment to the culture and values of SASH
- Effective time management and organisation skills
- Board certified or Board qualified Internal Medicine Specialist
- A Fellow of the ANZCVS or a Diplomat with ACVIM or ECVIM
Candidates who have complete approved training programs but are yet to finalise exams are also strongly encouraged to apply
What’s on offer:
- Competitive salary package
- Continuing education allowance and conference leave
- A great learning environment in a team that loves to share knowledge and experience
- Free onsite parking and close to public transport
- Supportive team of SASH specialists, nurses and support staff
- Employee Assistance Program
- Complete cover of the cost of sponsorship if required
If you would like to know more, please contact our Talent Acquisition Specialist on 02 9889 0289 with any questions!
The next step is to forward your resume with a cover letter addressing the essential criteria quoting Reference No: MEDSP/A2019 Attention: Jessica O’Connor, to email: firstname.lastname@example.org.