Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation Veterinarian
Come and join the team at SASH!
The Small Animal Specialists Hospital (SASH) located in North Ryde, is a large veterinary referral hospital providing a complete range of clinical services to their clients and patients. SASH has an excellent reputation for providing the highest level of quality health care service to veterinary patients with a wide range of clinical services including internal medicine, neurology, surgery, rehabilitation, oncology, cardiology, ophthalmology, dermatology, anaesthesia, and 24-hour emergency services.
We are currently looking for an experienced sports medicine and rehabilitation veterinarian to join our growing team on a full-time basis. We are interested in candidates who have a background, interest or qualifications in Physiotherapy or Rehabilitation. Successful candidates need to have a keen interest for animal rehabilitation and be passionate, dynamic and interested in increasing their knowledge base by working across all services of the hospital. This role will be predominately based in North Ryde but is likely to include some travel to other areas if required.
This is an expanding service and the role would typically include (but is not limited to):
- Delivering evidence-based rehabilitation
- Conducting comprehensive patient’s assessments
- Planning exercise programs
Using manual and electro-therapy methods to reduce pain, increase flexibility and restore normal movement
- Giving advice on changes to animal’s environments to help them perform tasks more easily
- Applying massage and hydrotherapy techniques to help animals recover from injury
- Degree in Veterinary Science
- A passion and keen interest in animal sports medicine and rehabilitation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to professional development and maximising service delivery
- Advanced Certificate in Veterinary Physiotherapy
- Previous experience with animal sports medicine and rehabilitation
Whats on offer
A new and exciting career path
- Opportunity to work with a fantastic team
- Flexible working hours
- Free onsite parking and close to public transport
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing education allowance (Conference/Study Leave)
- Staff breakfasts, discounts and social events
This role is available to start immediately, so apply now! Remuneration is dependent based upon experience.
The next step is to forward your resume with a covering letter: Attention Human Resources Department, quoting reference PHYSIO/0219 to email: email@example.com