Surgery Ward and Theatre Nurse
If you are passionate about nursing and would love to take the next step in your veterinary nursing career, this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for. The SASH team can offer you stability and support in a permanent, full-time role!
The Small Animal Specialist Hospital (SASH) is Australia’s largest and most distinguished animal referral and emergency hospital. Over the past 12 years, SASH has developed a reputation that is globally renowned, attracting the top talent across all veterinary fields.
Being the largest referral specialist facility in Australia, SASH has more than 10 departments who work collaboratively on a variety of challenging cases. This has made us the go-to facility for clients wishing to receive the gold standard of care for their pets, with our team working hard to ensure the service we deliver is second to none.
We are looking for a theatre nurse who will support our theatre-based services across the hospital, including: Surgery, Ophthalmology and Neurology. This role will suit a nurse who is seeking a challenging and dynamic role, offering exposure to a variety of cases while also offering plenty of patient care in the ward. This nurse will need to demonstrate a professional and motivated work ethic while being passionate about providing exceptional patient care. This is a full-time, permanent position and will include a shared weekend roster with the team.
We are looking for a someone who can work independently with a reliable, adaptable and proactive approach to varying situations. To be successful, you will need to demonstrate the following;
- A keen interest in theatre-based work
- A desire to work closely with our patients throughout their surgery journey including admission, prep, surgery, recovery and discharge.
- Ability to manage and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in General Anaesthesia & ventilation is not essential, and a training program will be developed to support you in further developing your skills
- Confidence working in an extremely busy environment
- Commitment to the culture and values of SASH
To be considered for this position:
- Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing
- A minimum of 2 years of full-time experience in a qualified nursing position
- Previous experience in surgery or surgery related skills would be highly regarded.
Whats on offer
You will be joining SASH at a very exciting time with career development opportunities available for the right person. The animal health care industry is extremely rewarding, with this role being central in supporting SASH to enrich the lives of pets and their families.
- Great opportunity to grow in a fast-paced environment
- Learn and develop a wide range of Clinical Skills from our specialist team of Vets and Nurses.
- Attractive salary package for the right candidate
- A committed and supportive Leader
- Collaborative team environment.
If you are interested in joining a supportive team, with excellent facilities and challenging and rewarding cases, we would love to hear from you!
The next step is to forward your resume with a cover letter: Attention Matthew Lacey quoting Reference No: WTHR/JAN to email: firstname.lastname@example.org