We are looking for an enthusiastic nurse with a passion for helping our furry friends on their road to recovery during their rehabilitation program!
The Small Animal Specialist Hospital (SASH) is located in North Ryde, Sydney. It is the largest Veterinary referral hospital in Australia, providing a complete range of clinical services to clients and patients. SASH has an excellent reputation for providing the highest level of quality health care service to veterinary patients with a wide range of clinical services including internal medicine, neurology, ophthalmology, surgery, sports medicine and rehabilitation, oncology, cardiology, dermatology, radiology, exotics, emergency and critical care, anaesthesia and a 24-hour emergency service.
We are currently looking for an animal rehabilitation therapist to join our busy and growing team. We are interested in candidates who have a background, qualification or specific interest in animal rehabilitation. You will need to be passionate, dynamic and interested in expanding your knowledge base by working across all services of the hospital. You will be working closely with our specialist surgeons, rehabilitation vet as well as an experienced team of therapists.
This is a full-time, permanent position working Monday to Friday with a shared rotation of Saturdays. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Assessments of musculoskeletal, orthopaedic, and neurological veterinary patients
- Planning and implementation of exercise programs
- Application of manual therapy techniques and electrotherapeutic agents to reduce pain, increase flexibility and restore normal movement
- Giving advice on changes to assistive devices and environmental modifications for veterinary patients to facilitate function
- 2+ years’ experience in working with animals in a similar nursing position
We are looking for a truly dedicated individual who loves to help animals during their recovery phase. To be considered for the role, you will need to demonstrate the following skills:
- A good foundation in Maths and English
- Able to work as a part of a team or autonomously
- Ability to following directions precisely
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent observational skills
Desirable but not Essential Criteria:
- Diploma in Animal Physiotherapy or equivalent
- Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing
- 3-5 years’ experience in animal rehabilitation
What's on offer:
You will be joining the SASH family during an exciting period of growth! We can offer you stability during uncertain times and a team of like-minded and committed professionals.
- A new and exciting career path
- Opportunity to work with a fantastic team
- Access to world class diagnostic and rehabilitation facilities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing education allowance
- Team member discounts and social events
The next step is to forward your resume with a cover letter, quoting Reference No: WREHAB/2021 to Matthew Lacey, to email: email@example.com