Come and join the team at SASH!
The Small Animal Specialist Hospital (SASH), is the largest Veterinary hospital in the Southern Hemisphere offering referral services across 2 Sydney locations. SASH has an excellent reputation for providing the highest level of care and service to our patients and their families. To support our Specialists, Vets and Nurses we are looking to expand our high-performing Service Support team and that’s where you come in! We are searching for a positive and enthusiastic Inventory Assistant to work closely with a variety of stakeholders working to provide gold class service to our patient and their families.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, an opportunity currently exists for an Inventory Assistant at our North Ryde Hospital. The role will work with the purchasing team to ensure effective and efficient stock ordering, recording, reconciliation and management. You will need to be self-motivated to work on your own but also be able to be part of a team. In this role you will be, among other tasks:
- Coordinate and manage daily receivals from suppliers
- Receipt incoming goods, ensuring details are matched against purchase order/invoices.
- Investigate any discrepancies and communications with suppliers
- Work with suppliers to ensure efficient delivery schedules
- Sorting incoming goods to facilitate delivery and receipting into various inventory locations across the hospital, ensuring stock requiring cold storage is dealt with appropriately. Note this involves moving heavy boxes using trolleys
- Replenishing the inventory units located around the hospital
- Scanning invoices into system to facilitate review and approval
- Ensure storeroom is kept in a clean and tidy condition and stock can be easily located
- Assist in cycle counting and year end stocktake
- Train to be backup for other duties performed by the team including placing orders, financial month end tasks, other CUBEX (inventory management system) related tasks etc
- Assist the purchasing team to ensure workflow is seamless and cover for the team during peak times
- Assist the purchasing team to ensure optimal stock levels in the hospital
- Maintain all OH & S regulations as required in your work area.
- Promote and develop actions to streamline stock management processes
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Previous experience managing inventory / stock
- Ability to communicate clearly with suppliers and fellow staff
- Excellent computer, keyboard, and numeracy skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
- The ability to work unsupervised as well as part of a team
- Continuous improvement mindset
What's on offer
You will be joining SASH at a very exciting time as well as joining a business that highly values our team members. The opportunities are endless for the right person. The animal health care industry is extremely rewarding, with this role being central in supporting SASH to enrich the lives of pets and their families
- An extremely rewarding role that allows you to be part of our friendly, supportive team which is enjoying a period sustained growth.
- Close to public transport
- Attractive salary package for the right candidate
- A committed and supportive Leader
- Collaborative team environment
- Staff discounts and events
If you are interested in joining a supportive team, with excellent facilities and challenging and rewarding cases, we would love to hear from you!
The next step is to forward your resume with a cover letter: Attention Matthew Lacey quoting Reference No: WSC/FEB to email: firstname.lastname@example.org