Inpatient Care Nurse
Helping Pets & Their Families Live Their Best Life
The Small Animal Specialist Hospital (SASH) is located in North Ryde, Sydney. It is the largest Veterinary referral hospital in Australia, providing a complete range of clinical services to clients and patients. SASH has an excellent reputation for providing the highest level of quality health care service to veterinary patients with a wide range of clinical services including internal medicine, neurology, ophthalmology, surgery, sports medicine and rehabilitation, oncology, cardiology, dermatology, radiology, exotics, emergency and critical care, anaesthesia and a 24-hour emergency service.
We aim to provide the highest quality of care to our patients and are required to liaise as needed with other SASH services for optimal integrated patient management. This position will aid in the smooth running of the service and ensure the highest of standards are maintained.
We are looking for inpatient care nurses who are professional and motivated with a good sense of humour. As an inpatient care nurse at SASH, you’ll be responsible for providing care to all inpatients and working closely with Specialists and other members of the multi-disciplinary teams. You will be part of a close-knit team of fantastic nurses who do what they do because it is so rewarding. As part of the role, you will get exposure to a variety of cases, in-house training opportunities from the IPC Team Leader and other SASH nurses.
We are currently recruiting for full-time permanent day inpatient care nurses. You will be required to work on a 7-day rotating roster, with shifts including days and evenings.
We are also recruiting for a full-time permanent overnight inpatient care nurse, with overnight shifts (8:30pm – 6:30am) on a 4-on, 4-off rotating roster.
Key Skills For This Role Include
- Passionate about providing exceptional patient care
- High quality written and verbal communication skills
- Good knowledge of all medical diseases & medical terminology
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Have a flexible approach to issues
- Self-motivated and committed to ongoing professional development
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Strong work ethic and commitment to the culture and values of SASH
To Be Successful In This Role You Will Have
- Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing
- Proven experience in a similar role
What We Can Offer
- Free onsite parking and close to public transport
- Ongoing training and development
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing education allowance
- Staff discounts and social events
If you are interested in the prospect of working with a great team with plenty of support at all times from other vets and nurses in a hospital with excellent facilities and challenging and rewarding cases, don’t miss this opportunity!
The opportunities are available to start immediately. If you are interested in joining our highly skilled nurses in this rewarding role, the next step is to forward your resume with a cover letter: Attention Jessica O’Connor, quoting Reference No: IPC/012019 to email: email@example.com Please also specify which role you are applying for.