If you are passionate about nursing and would love to take the next step in your veterinary nursing career, this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for. The SASH team can offer you stability and support in a permanent, full-time role!
The Small Animal Specialist Hospital (SASH) is Australia’s largest and most distinguished animal referral and emergency hospital. Over the past 14 years, SASH has developed a reputation that is globally renowned, attracting the top talent across all veterinary fields.
Being the largest referral specialist facility in Australia, SASH has more than 15 departments who work collaboratively on a variety of challenging cases. This has made us the go-to facility for clients wishing to receive the gold standard of care for their pets, with our team working hard to ensure the service we deliver is second to none.
We aim to provide the highest quality of Dermatological care to our patients and are required to liaise as needed with other SASH services for optimal integrated patient management. This position will aid in the smooth running of the service and ensure the highest of standards are maintained.
We are looking for a practice nurse who is professional and motivated with a good sense of humour. You’ll be responsible for providing assistance to the Dermatology team, patient management, instrument sterilisation, preparing and processing medication and ear solutions as well as liaising directly with clients to check on patient progress.
We are looking for a someone who can work independently with a reliable, adaptable and proactive approach to varying situations. To be successful, you will need to demonstrate the following;
Key skills for this role include:
- Passionate about providing exceptional patient care
- High quality written and verbal communication skills
- Good knowledge of all medical diseases & medical terminology
- Experience in General Anaesthesia & ventilation
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Have a flexible approach to issues
- Self-motivated and committed to ongoing professional development
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Strong work ethic and commitment to the culture and values of SASH
To be considered for this position:
- Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing
- A minimum of 2 years of full-time experience in a qualified nursing position
Whats on offer
You will be joining SASH at a very exciting time as well as joining a business that highly values our team members. The animal health care industry is extremely rewarding, with this role being central in supporting SASH to enrich the lives of pets and their families
- An extremely rewarding role that allows you to be part of our friendly, supportive team which is enjoying a period sustained growth.
- Close to public transport
- Attractive salary package for the right candidate
- A committed and supportive Leader
- Collaborative team environment
- Staff discounts and events
If you are interested in joining a supportive team, with excellent facilities and challenging and rewarding cases, we would love to hear from you!
The next step is to forward your resume with a cover letter: Attention Matthew Lacey quoting Reference No: WDN/FEB to email: email@example.com