Avian and Exotics Vet
Helping Our feathered & Scaled Friends and Their Families Live Their Best Life
About the Team
An exciting opportunity in our Avian and Exotics department has become available for a passionate General Practice Veterinarian who is interested in working with our feathered and scaled friends.
The SASH team prides itself on providing the highest level of quality health care and service to our patients and their owners. Offering a wide range of clinical services, we can provide extensive care and treatment making us the leading referral hospital in the country. The team is well equipped with state-of-the-art facilities, allowing our specialists to conduct thorough and conclusive examinations for our clients and their pets. Our services are fully staffed with highly skilled and supportive nurses to assist with ensuring our teams are running as efficiently as possible.
The Avian & Exotics Department works very closely with the rest of the hospital allowing for specialised attention supported by the expertise of departments including Emergency, Surgery, Dermatology, Internal Medicine and Ophthalmology.
We are seeking a highly motivated Veterinarian to be part of our exciting Avian and Exotics department! We are open to permanent full-time, part-time or casual applicants who are passionate about providing gold standard care to our more unusual friends.
- Confident examination and management of bird and exotic cases
- A desire to work in a collaborative and inclusive team
- Prompt communication with referring veterinary clinics and clients
- Development of treatment plans for patients
To be considered for the role:
A Veterinary degree registrable in the state of New South Wales
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Able to work unsupervised, showing initiative and excellent work ethics
- Be able to supervise and mentor interns and nurses
- It would be desirable however is not essential that the applicant have a membership in Avian Medicine
What We Can Offer You!
SASH offers a supportive and collaborative team environment ensuring our patients receive the gold standard of care!
- Opportunity to be part of a supportive team of SASH specialists, residents, nurses, and support staff
- Be part of a department that has a busy and established client base.
- Free parking and close to public transport
- Opportunity for ongoing training and development
- Employee Assistance Program
- Team member discounts and social events
If you are interested in playing an integral role in continuing to build our Avian and Exotics department, then don’t miss this opportunity and apply now!
The next step is to forward your resume with a cover letter: Attention Jessica O’Connor quoting Reference No: EOSW/20 to email: firstname.lastname@example.org.