Assistant Financial Controller
Come and join the team at SASH!
The Small Animal Specialist Hospital (SASH), is the largest Veterinary hospital in the Southern Hemisphere offering referral services across two Sydney locations. We have a wide range of clinical services include internal medicine, neurology, ophthalmology, surgery, sports medicine and rehabilitation, oncology, cardiology, dermatology, radiology, exotics, emergency and critical care, anaesthesia and a 24-hour emergency service. We have over 300 employees, across the clinic services and a services to support these teams, to provide the highest level of care and service to our patients and their families.
The purpose of this role is to assist finance department undertaking all aspects of financial management, including accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. This role is a fixed term 6-month contract, with the potential to extend, which will be involved in upcoming new system implementation and ad-hoc projects.
- Ensure timely and quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Manage A/R, A/P, GL and payroll including review of current revenue recognition methodology
- Ensure all statutory and tax requirements/reporting of the organisation are met including Income Tax, good and services tax, FBT, payroll tax, PAYGW, etc
- Cashflow forecast and reporting
- Ensure all Balance Sheet accounts are reconciled and any reconciling items are fully documented and no reconciling items > 3 months
- Support month-end and year-end close process, including process improvements to improve current close cycle/timetable
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls, including structured control testing to ensure Board approved DOA is adhered to.
- Support in new ERP system implementation
- Manage External audit including data preparation around lease accounting
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Finance Manager
- Qualified CPA/CA
- Thorough knowledge of accounting standards, principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Change management or system implementation experience
- Willingness and ability to coach the finance team
- Ability to handle & prioritise multiple competing tasks and work under pressure
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Xero experience preferred
Whats on offer
You will be joining SASH at a very exciting time as well as joining a business that highly values our team members. The animal health care industry is extremely rewarding, with this role being central in supporting SASH to enrich the lives of pets and their families
- An extremely rewarding role that allows you to be part of our friendly, supportive team which is enjoying a period sustained growth.
- Close to public transport
- Attractive salary package for the right candidate
- A committed and supportive Leader
- Collaborative team environment
- Staff discounts and events
If you are interested in joining a supportive team, with excellent facilities and challenging and rewarding cases, we would love to hear from you!
The next step is to forward your resume with a cover letter: Attention Matthew Lacey quoting Reference No: WAFC/FEB to email: email@example.com