Come and join the team at SASH!
Here at the Small Animal Specialist Hospital (SASH), we are lucky enough to be located in the beautifully sunny, Sydney, Australia. We are the largest veterinary referral hospital in the southern hemisphere. Our team is comprised of more than 15 services that work collaboratively to ensure the highest level of quality health care service to our patients and their families. Australia is able to offer a safe and secure lifestyle to those looking to make the move to a beautiful location with a better work-life balance.
Our extensive specialist team work collaboratively across a number of departments including emergency and critical care, internal medicine, anaesthesia, neurology, surgery, oncology, cardiology, ophthalmology, dermatology, radiology.
The practice has access to in house laboratory facilities, CT, endoscopy, laparoscopy, digital radiology, fluoroscopy, High-Field MRI, ultrasound and a linear accelerator with stereotactic capability all on-site as well as a dedicated ICU and 6 theatres.
Due the exciting news one of our wonderful Anaesthetists is having a baby, we are looking for an Anaesthetist to join our team for a 12-month period initially. We would look for this person to be on board starting June 2021. With exciting growth plans on the horizon, permanent opportunities would be available for the right person. We are looking for someone who is flexible with a dynamic approach to their work. You will be supported by our team of 2 Anaesthetists along with specialised and highly skilled nurses.
To be considered for the position, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- American College of Veterinary Anaesthesiologists board certification or eligibility, or European College of Veterinary Anaesthesia and Analgesia board certification or eligibility is required or ANZCVS Anaesthesia and Analgesia board certification or eligibility
- Clinical experience and competence in small animal anaesthesia are required.
- Demonstrated aptitude/experience in teaching, particularly clinical instruction is required.
Whats on offer
- Flexible working hours with work-life balance very important to the SASH team
- Free onsite parking and close to public transport
- Up to a 70% SASH team member discount for your pets
- Attractive salary packaging including annual leave, conference leave and personal carers leave
- Supportive team of SASH specialists, residents, interns, nurses and support staff
- Continuing education allowance
- Various social events throughout the year
If you are interested in the prospect of working with a great team with plenty of support at all times from other specialists, vets and nurses, in a hospital with brand new facilities and challenging and rewarding cases, don’t miss this opportunity, apply today!
The next step is to forward your resume with a cover letter: Attention Matthew Lacey quoting Reference No: ANA/21 to email: email@example.com.