Inpatient Care Nurse
Come and join the team at SASH!
The Small Animal Specialist Hospital (SASH CC) is located in Tuggerah, Central Coast.
SASH has an excellent reputation for providing the highest level of quality health care
services to veterinary patients with a wide range of clinical services including a 24 hour
emergency service, internal medicine, surgery, oncology, ophthalmology, dermatology,
radiology, and rehabilitation.
We aim to provide the highest quality of care to our patients and are required to liaise as
needed with other SASH services for optimal integrated patient management. This position
will aid in the smooth running of the service and ensure the highest of standards are
We are looking for an inpatient care nurse who is professional and motivated while being
passionate about providing exceptional patient care. You’ll be responsible for providing care
to all inpatients and working closely with Specialists and other members of the multi-
This is a full-time position, where you will be required to work on a 7-day rotating roster. The
position involves rotating through the medicine, surgery and Emergency departments. This
allows our nurses to ensure they are continually building on their practical skills relating to
inpatient care nursing.
Key Skills for this role include
- High quality written and verbal communication skills
- Good knowledge of all medical diseases & medical terminology
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Have a flexible approach to issues
- Self-motivated and committed to ongoing professional development
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Strong work ethic and commitment to the culture and values of SASH
To be successful in this role, you will have
- Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing
- Proven experience in a similar role
What we can offer you
- Free onsite parking and close to public transport
- Ongoing training and development
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing education allowance
- Staff discounts and social events
If you are interested in the prospect of working with a great team with plenty of support at all times from other vets and nurses in a hospital with excellent facilities and challenging and rewarding cases, don’t miss this opportunity!
This role is available to start immediately!
The next step is to forward your resume with a cover letter: Attention Jessica O’Connor quoting Reference No: IPC/NOV to email: firstname.lastname@example.org.