The SASH Critical Care service has a state of the art intensive care unit with all the equipment necessary to care for the most critically ill cats and dogs.
It’s here that our two critical care specialists, along with the team of specially trained critical care vets and nurses look after sickest patients that require constant 24 hour monitoring and extensive treatments, to give owners peace of mind 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Equipment in the Critical Care Unit includes:
- • Oxygen cages with climate control and humidification, allowing us to provide up to 100% oxygen environments
- • Ventilators for animals with severe breathing difficulties. These are the latest in technology available to human hospitals, and breathe for animals that cannot breathe for themselves. We are able to ventilate animals from 500 grams to 100kg
- • Laboratory equipment including blood gas measurement
- • Monitoring equipment including pulse oximetry, capnography, ECG and invasive and non-invasive blood pressure measurement
- • Blood transfusion equipment for both cats and dogs
- • All necessary equipment for CPR including a defibrillator
- • Portable ultrasound
- • Anaesthesia equipment